Why choose composite decking over treated wood decking?
Since installing our first composite deck in 1995 we have found that two of the major benefits for using composite decking are:
- It alleviates the major maintenance issues associated with treated pine decking, such as yearly staining and sealing.
- It keeps its new look much longer then treated pine with no splitting, cracking or rotting.
Is composite decking really maintenance free?
In a word, no — composite decking, just like your car, does require maintenance throughout the year.
- Regular maintenance typically consists of blowing the leaves off of your deck as they accumulate, followed by a blast of water from the garden hose.
- Heavy duty (when/if you don’t do the regular maintenance) becomes necessary on a really dirty deck – you should clean with a deck cleaner, that is recommended by the manufacturer of the composite decking you own. Always follow manufacturer directions for optimum results.
What should I do before my free consultation with Texas Decks?
Take some time and think of how you want your new backyard to look and discuss your ideas with your significant other as well. Everyone should be able to enjoy your new investment.
The three of the most important things to do are:
- Have any/all pictures you’ve seen of other decks/patio/outdoor kitchens etc. that you like on hand. This gives me a good insight in the direction to bring your outdoor dream project to life.
- Have your survey on hand and ready to go. This is extremely important when designing your project as well as required for HOA approval and permitting.
- Budget — we realize that you may not know what a deck, patio cover or outdoor kitchen costs though you do know how much money you are comfortable with investing in your backyard transformation. This will help us design a project that will fit not only your needs but your budget as well.
Does Texas Decks take care of Home Owners Association approval and permits?
Yes, we will submit the drawings for HOA approval and if so required initiate the permitting process.
Other than decks, what other types of projects does Texas Decks construct?
We also design and/or install:
- Patio covers
- Outdoor kitchens
- Fire pits
- Hardscapes – pavers, flagstone, patterned concrete
- Spas – inground and portable
Ready to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about what our team can offer, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Sometimes a quick call can make all the difference!